Monday, February 25, 2008

Mania and Random Words

I stayed home for most of the weekend. It's been a long time since I stayed home on a Friday night. I survived it alright. Wrestlemania 24 is still about 4-5 weeks away. I may not be as big of a fan that I was in High School, but Wrestlemania's different. No matter how big a fan you are, you wait all year for it. Especially, with my favorite superstar going for the World Heavyweight Championship. Undertaker is 15-0 at Wrestlemania. No one's even come close to touching that record. His opponent, Edge is 5-1, but that's only because he didn't win an 8 man ladder match last year. John Cena's 4-0, but he's still got a long way to go to even tie The Undertaker. Edge robbed The Undertaker in May of last year. Undertaker had to get surgery done on his arm, but he returned at Unforgiven a day before my birthday. He's chased the Championship since then, but he's come up short. I know that he'll get it back at Wrestlemania. That's his event. No one's gonna deny him at HIS event. He did it last year. When you've watched this stuff for as long as I have, you get an idea of what the backstage politics are. They've been pushing Batista for about 3 years. He's been beating everybody. There were rumors that they were gonna let him end The Undertaker's undefeated streak at Wrestlemania. Most of the time, the rumors happen to be true. So, even I thought that Undertaker was gonna fall. I didn't want him to, but it wasn't up to me. Luckily, they smartened up and let Undertaker win the belt. Edge is good, but there's no way in hell he's beating Undertaker. Anyways, while I was on break, I've been getting pumped for Wrestlemania. I have all 23 of them and I watched 1-6 over the break. Only 17 left to go. I would've gotten all the way to 10, but I went to an independent wrestling show on Saturday called 2CW. That was a blast. My friend, Kyle came home for it and I brought my idiot friend, Henry and my boy Edaniel with us. I got us reserved front row seats and that made things even better. It was fun screaming at the bad guys and getting a reaction out of some. They all wanna go back when they come in June. I already reserved 4 front row seats this morning. Damn, the prices keep going up. Last time it was $17.00, but this time, they asked for $18. Edaniel and Henry are paying me $10 each this Friday. Henry owes me for when I let him borrow money two weeks ago. Edaniel just wants to pay me early. When I get paid in the beginning of April, I'll send out a money order for the tickets. When I first started going to the 2CW events, I went with Kyle. It was so much fun, him and I went again. Henry went with me to the last one and all four of us went to the one last Saturday. I'm trying to get Seth to go to one, but he's so damn simple-minded. If Shawn Michaels isn't involved or anybody that's wrestled for a long time, he's not interested. Man, that kid needs to grow up. I've been saying that for months and I'm well aware that I still have a few things that I need to do before I can go any further. Back in 2006, him and Henry kept using the word "legend" and "legendary". "He's a legend", "this event is legendary", basically saying crap like that. After a while, I started getting sick of it. Their mentallity was if someone was around for a long time, they were a legend. They were acting extremely immature and they had no clue what a legend really was. At one point, I screamed at Henry to stop using the freakin' word, because he was discrediting it. The word "legend" was starting to lose it's meaning with me and the people who had to be around Seth and Henry for long periods of time. Like Seth's parents and they were getting sick of it too. Henry started to talk trash to me, so I told him that I'd knock his ass out the next time I saw him. The only reason that didn't go down was due to a few reasons. The first and most important was Seth's and Henry's grandmother. She wouldn't want me to do that. I have a lot of respect for her. The second reason was that Henry was scared of me and apologized. Third reason was that it was his graduation day. So, although he really deserved it, I let it slide. Besides, I figured that he'd say something to set me off in the future and it wouldn't be his graduation day, so I'd be able to beat the hell out of him. I was right, but he kept on ducking, so I never connected. Rest assure that one of these days, he'll catch me on a bad day and I'll make him swallow his teeth. The good news is that they've both stopped abusing the word. Still, even if I see Hulk Hogan at a WWE show, it's hard to call him a legend, because those two idiots abused the word so much. I abuse two words on an everyday basis. I'll string on "bro" or "champ" on the end of my sentences if I'm referring to one of my friends. Of course Henry now refers to ME as "champ". I've asked him not to call me that (although, out of the three of us, I definitely fit the role), but as always, he won't stop. I've stopped using that word around him. In fact, I haven't abused that word nearly as much. With girls, I usually refer to them as "sweetheart" or "beautiful". That's new, though. Before, it was either "babe" or "girl". So, I'm also guilty of abusing words. The difference is that I do it when it's appropriate. If someone's not a "champ" I don't call them that. If a girl's not good looking, I don't call her "beautiful". I use those words if it's necessary. I don't go around calling trees "legend". I'm not kidding, these idiots would call anything and everything "legend". After a few hours of hearing the same word over and over again, it gets extremely annoying. Long story short, they're still annoying, but they're giving the word a well deserved rest.

No comments: