Thursday, November 6, 2008

Shut Up and Fight

There was too much grab-assing on the Ultimate Fighter, last night. More pranks than there was training. Every once and a while, a good prank is entertaining, but they're just getting more and more ridiculous. If you're on the Ultimate Fighter, you need to understand that you're there to fight and earn that six figure contract. You're not there to act like a freakin' sophomore. I was slightly disappointed with Team Nogueira. They really shouldn't have been eating anything that wasn't theirs. So, when Team Mir pissed in the next fruit bowl, I thought that was a good way to teach them a lesson. I thought that would be it for the pranks for this week. Man, was I wrong. Phillipe Nover's opponent for this week had been eating his sushi, since week 2. So, to teach HIM a lesson, a guy from Team Nogueira jerked off in the sushi and sure enough, Kaplan ate it. I'm sorry, but this is starting to get pathetic. A prank or two is fun and helps keep the audience entertained, but there's no place for an entire season of pranks on a fighting show. Krysztof Soszynski started the pranks and although they were entertaining at first, I'd just rather they stopped. Krysztof should be focusing on winning the contract instead of pulling pranks in the house. He gets to fight, next week. We'll see just how badly he wants it. Also, Team Mir was shown just sitting around during a training session. Junie and Shane were the only ones actually training. Junie was getting frustrated that the rest of his team weren't doing anything. I don't really like Junie, but he had a point. Even Frank Mir was sitting on his ass and he's a coach. When Junie started throwing a fit in the gym, Mir was laughing. Every week, I start to dislike Mir more and more. Kind of like when Matt Hughes was a coach for season 2. At first, I didn't mind the coaches. Then, they starting acting like assholes. I can't wait to watch Nogueira kick Mir's ass in December. Junie was talking to Team Nogueira and he straight up told Nover that Kaplan's jiu-jitsu wasn't that superior. Now, I really can't stand Junie, but I was applauding him. I think that really lifted Nover's confidence and he ended up choking Kaplan out in the first round. Team Nogueira's even with Team Mir in wins again. Personally, I'm very disappointed in this season. I can't put my finger on it, but there's definitely something missing that the other seasons had. I just want the damn season to be over, so Season 9 can start. Mike Bispin has already been announced as one of the coaches. No clue who the other coach is, but if I were asked who I'd LIKE to see as a coach, I'd say either Rashad Evans or Stephan Bonner.

No comments: