Tuesday, March 18, 2008

St. Patrick's Day Story.

Due to the fact that St. Patrick's Day was yesterday, I didn't go home. Instead, Cody, Edaniel, Paul, and I hit every bar we could find. Basically, it was have one drink, then leave. So, the chances of meeting girls was out of the picture, because we didn't stay long enough to even get the chance. Everybody in the bars were completely hammered. I think happy hour started early because of the day. We didn't hit our first bar until around 8:00 at night. You could tell some were more drunk than others. At one bar, this guy fell off his bar stool. Cody and Edaniel helped him up, because they've been in that condition more than once. I ran into an old friend of mine at the first bar. His name's Brad. I met him two years ago. We used to play basketball and stuff back then. We ended up at Danny's work. He gets drinks for free, but the poor guy couldn't drink for personal reasons. Some of the people that work with him, came over to our table. One of the girls he works with is 31 years old and has a kid. Here's the interesting part. Apparently, she thought I was good looking. I don't know what it is with me. First the 28 year old a month ago, now a 31 year old. I talked to her a little bit, but that was about it. Then, to make it up to Danny, because he couldn't drink, we ended up back at the strip joint. Of course, I saw my favorites and they remembered me. They're very good at what they do, but I still think that they have potential for bigger and better things. Cody had so much fun, that he wants to do it all over again on Friday. He said that he could get me home by Easter, so it looks like I'm going. As far as last weekend went, I never did get to meet Denna's friend. I'm getting very frustrated that it's taking me so long. Eventually, I'll man up and talk to her, but it might be too late at that point. Tomorrow, I'm thinking about introducing myself. Now, all I have to do is do it. I'm pretty sure that next week is spring break for me. I'll probably hang out at Seth's place. Speaking of which, my past two Saturdays have consisted of hanging out with Marcy. I don't know why, nor does it bother me, but she's been having a lot of heart-to-heart conversations with me. When I first met her, she thought I was like every other guy. So, it wasn't until I really started to hang out there a lot and drink with them, that she realized that I was much more than that. With her and Aaron, you have to earn their respect, but once you do, they'll back you up no matter what. Aaron barely said a sentence to me before. It wasn't because he didn't like me. He just keeps to himself. I used to do the same thing. Him and I usually talk about UFC, girls, or drinking. Mostly, drinking. Things are starting to calm down a bit. Right now, we're in roller-coaster mode. There's ups, downs, twists, turns, going backwards, upside down, you get the picture. Everything usually settles after everyone has had a nice long break from everything. By next week, everything will be fine.

No comments: