Friday, April 25, 2008

Ultimate Fighter: Season 7 Recap.

I've been busy with my wrestling roleplaying stuff, otherwise I would've had this up yesterday. The Ultimate Fighters: Season 7 is going smoothly so far. Team Forrest still has control of the fights, but the guy from Team Rampage put up one hell of a fight. At one point I thought he might have won it. But, he lacked the experience that the other guy had and ended up being submitted by an armbar. Quentin was a bit disappointed, but he calmly talked to his defeated fighter. He didn't go down the Matt Hughes route and belittled him. That alone makes him a better coach and a betteer fighter than Matt Hughes. The guy from Quentin's team reminds me of...me. He's 22 years old, lives with his parents, and doesn't have a driver's license. The guy from Forrest's team sort of rubbed off on me the wrong way. He was sort of cocky. He acted like already won the fight before he even stepped into the octagon. So far, nothing big has happened. There's no tension that's building and the house seems drama-free so far. Still, as I pointed out last time, it's still early. Then again, these guys are the real deal this time. They had to fight to get on the show, so television isn't really a big concern for them. They're there to get a six figure contract. Some of them wanna have a good time too, which is fine. Some of them just mean business. They could care less about the cameras or being on TV. If only Dana White had done this sooner, guys like Joey and Gabe would have never made it in the house and someone who really wanted the opportunity would have gotten it. I'm sure that after a few weeks, they'll start to crack and do all kinds of dumb things. The highlights showed a lot of clips of fights breaking out inside the house. I remember in season five, the second episode had a lot of tension and animosity. That's only because Nate Diaz is a dumbass. He took a simple joke too seriously. Manny's another dumbass. Anyway, there's no one yet that I dislike yet, but as I've said before...it's still early.

No comments: