Monday, November 12, 2007

People Are Amazingly Stupid

I didn't drink at all this weekend, which isn't really a big deal, but it is uncommon. Friday, I went to an Independent wrestling show. That was a lot of fun. It helps when you have a second row ticket. At least the wrestlers can hear you scream at them. They're coming back February 23rd. I'm buying front row tickets this time. I showed up an hour and a half early for this show, because the thing said reserved tickets rows 1 or 2. I thought that meant first come, first served. However, the tickets read: Row 2 section D seat 15 and 16. It was still a lot of fun. Saturday, I helped my friend's grandmother clean out her basement. I would've done it for free, but she paid us anyway. I heard a story that really pissed me off while I was there. Apparently, during her birthday, we all pitched in to help her paint the house and clean the yard up a little bit. My friend's asshole cousin said in a low voice: "Grandma better be paying us, because I'm not doing this for free." Even though I was there, I don't remember this story. Apparently, I heard him and took a swing at him. The only thing that I remember is all of us helping his grandmother and he was being a horse's ass. If he pulls something like that again and I happen to be there, there will be consequences. It just amazes me how stupid and inconsiderate people really are. I use the college's computers because mine doesn't have internet. I like to listen to music while I'm doing this, so I bring my headphones so that I don't disturb the people around me. The guy next to me had a Sean Paul song up at full volume with no headphones. It's actually a rule to not listen to anything without using headphones. It didn't take long for someone to say something. How stupid can you really be? It's common sense to put on a set of headphones when you're around a group of people who might be writing a paper or studying. Maybe the guy was trying to provoke a confrontation. Then again, maybe he really was that ignorant.

No comments: