Friday, October 19, 2007

Honor

As some people know, I'm no longer friends with someone that I really cared about due to the fact that she snapped at me when I tried to get her away from her abusive, controlling boyfriend. I was hurt for around four weeks because of it. Finally, I was able to get a small measure of vengeance this morning. I saw the asshole walking into the building that he works in at my college. I was with Robin and Johnny, discussing plans for Sunday. He waved at me and I said: "Keep looking, asshole," and he couldn't believe it. I told him to get his ass inside and he came out to confront me. So, I called him on what he did to my former friend and he turned around and walked inside. Then, she hunted me down. I exchanged words with her and she went away. She deserves what she gets for being so damn stupid. As far as HE goes, my boys have my back if he tries anything. After this all happened I wondered if I did the right thing. After consulting a number of my closest friends that I trust with my life, they assured me that I did in fact do the right thing. There are too many people in the world that aren't willing to take a stand when they know things aren't right. What happens is that it comes back to bite them in the ass. I stood up and I spoke my mind. I really don't care if he's pissed off or if he takes it out on her. If she had a brain in her head, she'd have gotten away from him by now. I don't talk about people behind their backs. I tell them in person and if they have a problem with it, then that's too damn bad for them. It's a little thing that I like to call Honor. Either stand up for what you believe in or keep your mouth shut.

No comments: